Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Epic Fail

So Andy and I have come to realize that we're so pathetically behind in our blog. I'm 100% sure that we've lost the little audience we had to begin with, so I apologize for the seemingly inconsequential ramblings of our boring lives, but I figure I should be keeping some sort of record for ourselves.

Right now we're in that weird, transitional limbo phase of being adults, but not being "grown-up." I never thought the day would come when we'd both be done with school, but it's not only come, it's passed us by! The only thing we've realized is that we miss school so we're trying to go back. Somewhere in the universe pigs must be flying. That being said, Andy and I are spending are hours of free time studying for the GMAT and the GRE. I've spoken with some admission counselors at NYU and Boston University and that's given us some excitement in our lives. We still need ridiculously good scores, so hopefully our brain matter hasn't downsized too much since our education hiatus.

My once awesome job was taken away from me, leaving me job hunting...again. The only upside is that I've gotten quite good at finding jobs and my resume is top notch. The FBI came into my ex-work and took all the paperwork and computers and everything. It was like something out of a movie. I've added it to my growing list of "things that don't happen to normal people." I was lucky to be able to work at Hale Center Theatre during the months of September, October and November, helping out with costumes. It's been quite a ride.

We're still applying for job after job, but it's looking like we're just going to have to pick up and move...take the plunge into the world of big cities and corporate America. The plan is to do it in April if nothing comes along by then. But what's life without a little risk-taking? We've played by the rules for so long, so it's time throw caution to the wind and just jump.

Andy is working on his resume with the help of the International Marketing manager from eBay. He's been a godsend and we're truly blessed to have met him the day Andy and his team won the case competition all those months ago. Hopefully some interviews will come our way.

Besides job hunting, working, exercising, and studying, we were able to go to Disney World again--this time with Andy's parents. The heat was sweltering and the humidity was unbearable...but we had a great time! We were also able to go to the Puyallup Fair in September with my sisters. It brought back so many funny memories of Krumpy pups, free chocolate milk, and trolling the fairgrounds for cute boys.It was so surreal to see Celeste and Olivia there doing the things Lisa, Heather, Alex and I used to do. I can't believe how fast they are growing up. They went from playing barbies and dress-up to squealing over Justin Beiber overnight. Weird.

The goal is to update more frequently, especially since the holidays are upon us. Fun and interesting things are bound to happen.

3 comments:

AlixSteele said...

I always have to tell myself, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." No matter how old I get I don't think I'll ever admit to being "grown-up." Love the updates. This faithful reader is still hanging on to hear more.

Ryan and Heather Bartron said...

Woah. What happened at your job that sent the FBI? Definitely not something you expect to have happen to you! I'm so jealous that you got to work at the Hale Center instead. What fun! I bet going to Grad school will be more enjoyable for you since you get to study what you really want. We went to the Fair this year too. It really does bring back a ton of great memories! Good luck with everything!

Andy and Alianna said...

You guys are great. It is so surreal at how fast life is going. I can't believe it's been almost 7 years since we graduated from high school. So much has changed. Thanks for faithfully keeping tabs of our updates Alex!

The FBI incident was quite strange. I'm still not sure what exactly happened, as I refused to get pulled into that craziness. I'm not sure I would have been told anything anyway. Apparently things with the FBI are hush hush. Who knew? Working with costumes has been fun. It's made me think of you Heather.

Hope you guys are doing well. We'll be in washington sometime around Christmas...will you both be there?